Tim Williams is the third overall player in the MW countdown for the 2016-17 season.
Williams, a senior forward who spent two seasons at Samford, has dominated since reaching the college level. The lightly recruited Chicago native also received offers from Northern Illinois and Northwestern.
Williams’ leap from the Southern Conference to the Mountain West Conference has been effortless. In arguably his best season yet, Williams scored 16.8 points per game to go along with 7.4 rebounds. He has averaged over 60% on field goal shooting the past two seasons, and also finished in the national rankings for minute percentage, effective field goal percentage, block percentage and free throw rate, among others last season.
There are very few players in the country that have been as consistent as Tim Williams in three seasons, so we should expect another 17/7 season out of the big man. Luckily for Williams, New Mexico has a formidable backcourt in Elijah Brown and Jordan Hunter, alleviating the pressure off Williams on the offensive end.
Williams is a legitimate MW POY candidate and was placed on this year’s preseason MW first team. Expect a highly impactful season from the senior forward.
- 3: TIm Williams, New Mexico
- 4: Gian Clavell, Colorado State
- 5: Trey Kell, San Diego State
- 6: Jalen Moore, Utah State
- 7: Emmanuel Omogbo, Colorado State
- 8: Marcus Marshall, Nevada
- 9: Jeremy Hemsley, San Diego State
- 10: Nick Duncan, Boise State
- 11: Jason McManamen, Wyoming
- 12: Hayden Graham, Air Force
- 13: Malik Pope, San Diego State
- 14: D.J. Fenner, Nevada
- 15: Brandon Clarke, San Jose State
- 16: Karachi Edo, Fresno State
- 17: Lindsey Drew, Nevada
- 18: Cullen Russo, Fresno State
- 19: Zylan Cheatham, San Diego State
- 20: Trevor Lyons, Air Force
- 21: Chandler Hutchison, Boise State
- 22: Alan Herndon, Wyoming
- 23: Paris Austin, Boise State
- 24: Shane Rector, Utah State
- 25: Koby McEwen, Utah State