With the abundance of win-now talent in Reno, sophomore point guard Lindsey Drew and the Wolf Pack are primed to contend for a Mountain West title.
Nevada returns almost every impactful player from last season’s CBI championship team besides Marqueze Coleman. The Wolf Pack also add Marcus Marshall - a sharpshooter who can fill it up from deep.
The Mountain West Connection staff is projecting a promising season from Drew, a former three-star recruit by the way of Los Angeles. Drew is a tenacious defender (+4.4 defensive box plus/minus last season), who also recorded national marks in steal percentage.
Despite his 6-4 height, Drew also finished with a 3.1% block percentage last season, which was good for 14th in the conference. All but one player (Karachi Edo) in the top 17 in the league in block percentage was 6-7 or taller.
- 17: Lindsey Drew, Nevada
- 18: Cullen Russo, Fresno State
- 19: Zylan Cheatham, San Diego State
- 20: Trevor Lyons, Air Force
- 21: Chandler Hutchison, Boise State
- 22: Alan Herndon, Wyoming
- 23: Paris Austin, Boise State
- 24: Shane Rector, Utah State
- 25: Koby McEwen, Utah State