You all know you shouldn't take this too seriously, right?
I mean...it's a video game. Obviously it's not going to be perfect. I've already mentioned the schedules if you've been paying attention so far. Conference schedules are locked to what they were in 2012. I can't do anything about that.
Regardless, this is supposed to be a fun little distraction to get everyone excited for the upcoming season. So like I said, don't take this super seriously and enjoy the ride.
Anyway, WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR ADVENTURE, Boise State was rolling off the rails, Fresno was dominating the conference, and New Mexico is slowly descending to a watery grave. See? This is fun.
Air Force 27, Nevada 21
Two game winning streak for Air Force! A balanced offensive attack of 200 rushing and passing yards kept the Wolfpack off-balance, sending Nevada to their fourth straight loss of the season.
Fresno State 37, New Mexico 7
Hawaii 27, San Jose State 24
The Spartans and Joe Gray jumped out to a ten point lead just before the half, but a fourth quarter rally from the 'Bows pushed UH to a late victory. Max Wittek finishes the day with 282 passing yards and two touchdowns.
Wyoming 17, Boise State 7
New Coach is starting to get a lot of sideways glances in Boise. Three straight losses in unacceptable for this program. Also unacceptable, six combined turnovers and 24 combined points. The highlight of the day was Ryan Finley throwing an interception that goes 98 yards the other way.
Utah State 43, BYU 39
I swear, the computer must love seeing Utah State play in exciting, down-to-the-wire contests every week. I know it would give Parker a heart attack.
We're going to bullet point this one:
- Taysom Hill opens the game with two TD passes in first five minutes, 14-0 BYU.
- After a BYU FG in 2nd, Chuckie rips off a 72-yard TD run, and follows it up with a 43 yard TD bomb. 17-14 BYU.
- Two more Cougar FGs and a Joe Hill TD run make a 23-21 halftime lead for BYU.
- A 1-yard TD pass is the lone score of the third. 28-23 Aggies.
- Taysom starts the fourth like he did the first. Two TD passes in the first five minutes (one missed a 2-pt.) 36-28 Cougars.
- Kent Myers checks into the game? And throws a 65-yard score along with the two-point conversion to tie the game at 36-36.
- BYU FG with a little under two minutes to play. 39-36 BYU.
Somehow. BYU got the ball back. Less than 30 seconds left. Any sane or reasonable person would run the clock out or kneel.
Bronco Mendenhall is neither of those things.
Taysom comes up throwing with literally seconds on the clock.
THE BALL IS INTERCEPTED.
THE BALL IS RETURNED 50 YARDS FOR A TOUCHDOWN.
UTAH STATE TAKES A 43-39 LEAD WITH 11 SECONDS LEFT.
San Diego State 42, UNLV 10
CAN'T TALK. STILL TOO HYPE ABOUT THAT UTAH STATE FINISH.
Wyoming 17, Colorado State 7
Why, hello Wyoming.
Air Force 24, Army 17
Army can't even win in a virtual world.
New Mexico 27, UNLV 16
Yuck. No thanks.
Boise State 49, Utah State 10
BOISE STATE SMASH.
Fresno State 31, Hawaii 21
Nobody can beat Fresno except Fresno at this point.
Auburn 44, San Jose State 9
well yeah that was expected.
Colorado State 45, UNLV 21
Colorado State picks on UNLV to take out it's seven-point frustration from the week before.
BYU 24, San Jose State 14
Fresno State 31, Nevada 13
I have no idea why Nevada is sooo bad this year.
San Diego State 38, Air Force 31
Air Force comes so close, yet so far.
Wyoming 20, New Mexico 3
Wyoming keeps rolling. Three straight wins since losing to Fresno State.
Hawaii 20, Boise State 17
I LIKE THIS GAME.
Hawaii 45, Air Force 28
I REALLY DO.
Colorado State 30, Boise State 7
this is a boise state fan's worst nightmare.
San Diego State 48, South Alabama 0
Considered this opponent "FCS Southeast" since South Alabama hadn't joined the FBS yet.
New Mexico 45, Utah State 24
San Jose State 31, Nevada 24
Nevada can't catch any breaks.
Wyoming 49, UNLV 13
Neither can UNLV. BUT THEY GOT THAT CANNON THO.
Colorado State 44, New Mexico 13
The write-ups for these games are shorter because I left Arkansas again.
Utah State 37, Air Force 31 (OT)
So at this point, I'm just trying to distract you guys until the end of this piece.
Fresno State 49, San Jose State 27
Fresno won again.
Wyoming 20, San Diego State 14
So did Wyoming.
Hawaii 24, UNLV 6
Boise State 22, Nevada 16
Boise avoids finishing under .500 with a late touchdown.
Hawaii 45, UC Davis 7
Mountain West Championship
No. 25 Fresno State 37, Colorado State 14
Fresno rolls over the Rams for their 11th win of the year. Bobo did not run the danged ball.
New Mexico Bowl
LSU 41, Utah State 10
Utah State games got weird/crazy down the stretch, but LSU basically smothered them with a pillow and made them go to sleep till next August.
BYU 41, San Diego State 17
BYU really liked playing MWC teams this year huh. This win makes them 3-2 against the conference this year.
Las Vegas Bowl
Fresno State 38, Stanford 17
A BOWL WIN! A BOWL WIN! Fresno dominates from whistle to whistle.
Advocare V100 Independence Bowl
Boston College 27, Colorado State 24
So close. A late BC score ends the Rams season on a loss.
Armed Forces Bowl
South Carolina 31, Wyoming 10
Wyoming was hot, but not hot enough to take down the ranked Gamecocks.
|San Diego State||(7-2)||(9-4)|
|San Jose State||(3-6)||(3-9)|
Here are some other noteworthy stats and tidbits to send you all home happy (or madder than you already were)
- Kiel Robinson of Colorado State is the only 1st team All-American from the MWC. He finished the season with 57 tackles, 32 for loss (!), 8.5 sacks, and one interception.
- On the second team is JoJo Natson of Utah State. He ended with 1,312 receiving yards and 16 scores.
- Fresno State lead all teams with 11 players on the All-MWC first team.
- No players from Nevada or UNLV had a player on either All-conference team.
- Fresno State lead all MWC teams with 7,870 offense yards this season. New Mexico was last with 4,478.
- Zach Greenlee lead all quarterbacks with 3,311 passing yards and 37 TDs this year. He threw just seven picks.
- Longest Winning Streak: Fresno State (11 games)
- Longest Losing Streak: New Mexico (8 games)
- Best turnaround: Hawaii (1-5 to 6-6)
Here's to a crazy 2015 season and to our new overlord, Bill Snyder.