It's been a busy week in Reno. Here's all the links and notes to all the news:
- Former 4-star quarterback Austin Kafentzis is transferring from Wisconsin after only one semester at Wisconsin. He has not officially been added to the roster, but a source told me the school is trying to get him eligible for this upcoming season.
- Sporting News named Mackay Stadium the best venue in the MWC.
- NBC San Diego had a feature on former Nevada DE Brock Hekking's hair.
- Former Nevada TE Zach Sudfeld has been released by the New York Jets after tearing his ACL. He was with the Wolf Pack from 2007-2013.
- Football by Football broke-down Colin Kaepernick's 90-yard run last season against the San Diego Chargers.
- Cody Fajardo Raiders' jersey are available here to go with your
Cody Fajardo#17 Nevada jersey.
- WalterFootball.com reports that Cody Fajardo went undrafted due to an undisclosed injury, causing some teams to remove him from their draft board.
- Silver and Blue Sports listed their Best/Worst case-scenarios for the Wolf Pack this season.
- Adam Zagoria of SNY confirmed that Penn State transfer Geno Thorpe is planning to visit Nevada. He will have two years of eligibility when he decides.
- Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com believes head coach Eric Musselman is "quietly positioning the Wolf Pack for a jump in the Mountain West in his second season."
- Five Wolf Pack ballplayers were selected in the 2015 MLB Draft.
- All five of those players have signed with their respective teams. Nevada now has to reload at these positions, as well as find a new coach with Jay Johnson heading to Arizona.
- Nevada baseball will play in the 2016 Tony Gwynn Classic from Feb. 26-28 at SDSU.