Some of the more popular NFL Wide Receivers you know today were Biletnikoff Award winners. Larry Fitzgerald at Pittsburgh in 2003, Micheal Crabtree back-to-back in 2007-08, and many others since its inception in 1994. This year, 55 receivers were named as potential candidates to take home the award, including eight from the Mountain West:
- Devante Davis, Senior, UNLV
- Josh Harper, Senior, Fresno State
- Rashard Higgins, Sophomore, Colorado State
- Matt Miller, Senior, Boise State
- Ezell Ruffin, Senior, San Diego State
- Dominic Rufran, Senior, Wyoming
- Richy Turner, Senior, Nevada
- Tyler Winston, Sophomore, San Jose State
Higgins and Winston both burst onto the MWC scene as Freshmen, eaching racking up 800-plus yards and five-plus touchdowns in their first seasons at the college level. Winston was also named the MWC Freshman of the Year last season, and earned recognition on several Freshman All-America teams.
All it takes is one breakout season and one of these eight could not only take home the Biletnikoff Award in the winter, but could land high up on 2015 NFL Draft boards..