The Boise State and Utah State football programs will be honored with awards on Wednesday, May 14, for being among the top-10 of all FBS schools nationwide with the highest Academic Progress Rate (APR). They join with Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Northwestern, Missouri, Rutgers, Stanford, South Carolina and Wisconsin who have earned the Public Recognition Award. Boise State and Utah State are both in the top five.
This will mark the fourth consecutive year that the NCAA has awarded Boise State's football program with a Public Recognition Award for their APR being in the top-10 percent of the FBS. Boise State joins four others (Clemson, Duke, Northwestern and Rutgers) as the only FBS programs to finish in the top-10 percent each of the last four years.
Utah State Men's Golf and Boise State's Women's Golf will also be receiving NCAA APR Public Recognition Awards.
- Maurice Alexander used to be a janitor at the Edwards Jones Dome, is now a St. Louis Ram
- 2014 NFL Draft: Mountain West had 16 players drafted
- PODCAST: Recapping how the Mountain West did in the NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2014: Fresno State WR Isaiah Burse signed by the Denver Broncos
- NFL Draft 2014: San Jose State WR Chandler Jones signs with the Cleveland Browns