After the disappointment of Garrett Grayson not being named a semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award, Ram fans received some good news today. Rashard "Hollywood" Higgins was named a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff award. Higgins has been having a monster sophomore season with 1,280 receiving yards, averaging 142.2 yards per game, and 13 receiving touchdowns. He was rewarded with being one of 10 semifinalists for the prestigious award for wide receivers.
It will now be up to the fans and the selection committee to select the three finalists. The three finalists will be named on Monday November 24th. However Higgins will be up against a tough competition and the popularity contest that comes with these awards.
The ten semifinalists are:
- Nelson Agholor, USC Jr.
- Amari Cooper, Alabama Sr.
- Rashad Greene Florida State Sr.
- Rashad Higgins CSU So.
- Tyler Lockett Kansas State Sr.
- Vince Mayle Washington State RSr.
- Sterling Shepard Oklahoma Jr.
- Nelson Spruce Colorado Jr.
- Jalen Strong Arizona State Jr.
- Kevin White West Virginia Sr.