San Diego State is still the only ranked Mountain West team this week, and despite by not having a game this week they moved up one spot in the AP poll at No. 24 and No. 23 in the coaches poll. New Mexico is getting some votes in the coaches poll, but besides that nothing. Boise State lost their last two games to Kentucky and St. Mary's to completely knock them out voting consideration.
As for the games this week, there are no games that could vault New Mexico, or any other Mountain West team team, to be ranked. Nevada goes to Florida but the Wolf Pakck are not likely to win that game. For San Diego State to remain ranked is to not screw up a home game against Southern Utah.
With that, here is a look at the polls:
|AP Top 25|
|24||San Diego State||7-1||176|
- Others receiving votes: UCLA 69, Pittsburgh 66, Saint Mary's 11, George Washington 5, Harvard 4, Oklahoma 4, Toledo 3, Michigan 3
|USA Today Coaches Poll|
|2||Ohio State (1)||10-0||748|
|23||San Diego State||7-1||90|
- Aztec replenish secondary with JuCo defensive back Na'Im McGee
- Aztecs pick up JuCo Quarterback commitment
- Entire North Dakota State staff is not coming to Wyoming as expected
- Hawaii to have open quarterback competition this spring
- 2013 Las Vegas Bowl: USC's Silas Redd likely out, Tre Madden questionable