The latest news out of Flowery Branch, Georgia: The Miami Herald is reporting this morning that Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter discussed his Tuesday interview for the head coaching position with Boise State. But he took a play out of the CIA handbook using plausible deniability to answer the question on how that interview went.
“All I can tell you is same thing (Falcons coach Mike Smith) told you yesterday,” said Koetter. “I did talk to Boise State and that’s really all I’m going to say about that right now. We are working on the Redskins so let’s talk about the Redskins or the Green Bay game.”
Koetter has a long history with Boise State and as their head coach from 1998-2000 was responsible for starting their run as a national powerhouse. Koetter is considered a front runner for the head coaching position along with Washington defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox. Arkansas State head coach Bryan Harsin also interviewed for the position Monday.
A decision out of Boise is expected as early as today.
- Conflicting reports about Jeff Tedford interviewing for Boise State job
- Boise State vs. Kentucky hoops open thread
- Hawaii parts was with defensive coordinator Thom Kaumeyer, LB coach Tony Tuioti
- Rams land five on All-Mountain West Squad
- Bryan Harsin withdraws name from consideration for Boise State job