The Air Force and Navy game is in jeopardy of not happening due to the government shutdown that began on Oct. 1. Upperclassmen Cadets are considered military personnel and are not able to travel, but word has now came out that all intercollegiate events have been postponed, and likely canceled. As of this time, all travel for Air Force vs. Navy has been canceled.
The government shutdown has even caused the weekly press conference by Air Force's Troy Calhoun to be canceled. The latest news if Air Force vs. Navy, and likely the Army vs. Boston College game, will be played will be made on Thursday at noon Eastern.
If this game is canceled it will have an effect on who will win the Commander-In-Chief trophy, and if the government shutdown continues for multiple weeks then it could affect Mountain West play as well.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Government shutdown affecting college football games
- Duke could host Fresno State on Oct. 12 if game against Navy is canceled due to government shutdown
- PODCAST: Week 5 Mountain West football recap
- College football odds, Week 6: Utah State a 6-point favorite over BYU
- Air Force vs. Navy game could be canceled due to government shutdown