More bowl projections are coming out, and Sports Illustrated is the latest website to predict the future to see who plays in what bowl games. SI.com has the Mountain West filling out all five of their bowl spots and the teams earning a bowl spot with Wyoming, Air Force, Fresno State, Boise State and Nevada.
The projections are a bit different from SB Nation's bowl projections that had only four Mountain West teams earning a bowl spot.
Here is how SI.com projects the Mountain West bowl teams:
• New Mexico Bowl: Fresno St. Bulldogs vs. Washington Huskies
• Poinsettia Bowl: San Diego St. Aztecs vs. BYU Cougars
• Hawai'i Bowl: Wyoming Cowboys vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
• Armed Forces Bowl: Air Force Falcons vs. Houston Cougars
• Las Vegas Bowl: Boise St. Broncos vs. Washington St. Cougars
Some interesting matchups, but how many times have we seen Houston vs. Air Force in a bowl game. Seeing BYU on the docket is going to happen unless they somehow only win five games. Boise State vs. Washington State is a solid matchup and could be fun with a game that could eclipse 80 points.
Wyoming and Notre Dame is interesting just because it is Notre Dame, so Wyoming will be pumped to play a national program. Again, these are just projections, so take them how you will.
For more Mountain West Connection Follow @JeremyMauss