Gil LeBreton on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says that the MWC bent over backwards in an attempt to get TCU to stay in the MWC, I wonder what BYU thinks about this?
The numbers didn't work, even when Thompson did everything he could to get TCU to stay -- offering, sources said, to redo the league's revenue distribution and even handing over incoming Hawaii's entry fee directly to the Frogs.
But the TCU people did the math. The Big East dollars, make no mistake, were a strong incentive.
The killing equation, though, came when they crunched the numbers and realized that the "new" MWC wasn't going to meet the BCS' printed standards for being added as a seventh automatic qualifier.
Next Up In Mountain West Football
- Peak Perspective: Recruiting changes are positive, but come with a price
- Peak Perspective: What could a division-less Mountain West look like?
- Peak Perspective: Draft Kings O/U win totals
- 2022 MWC NFL Tracker. The list of Mountain West draftees and UDFA signings.
- Peak Perspective: Fresno State headlines spring Mountain West SP+ rankings
- Peak Perspective: Examing Mountain West Future OOC Schedules