The countdown of the top 10 list of players of the decade started out with the honorable mention list and now we are moving to the sixth the best player of the past decade.
#6 Austin Collie WR BYU (2004, 2007-2008)
- BYU career leader in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns
- 2004 MWC Freshman of the year
- All-MWC wide receiver honorable mention (2004)
- Freshman All-American Second team The Sporting News (2004)
- All-MWC honorable mention kick return (2008)
- All-MWC second team wide receiver (2007)
- All-MWC first team wide receiver (2008)
- 2008 NCAA co-leader in consecutive 100 yards games at 11
- 2008 NCAA leader in receiving yards and yards per game
- 2008 All-American, being named to the CBS Sports.com First Team, Associated Press Second Team, Sporting News Second Team, SportsIllustrated.com Second Team and Rivals.com Second Team
- Fourth round pick in NFL draft
Austin Collie was a huge play maker during his year at BYU. He was an amazing route runner and would catch anything that was close. His 2008 season was amazing as he was near the top in receiver categories and was ahead in some categories of Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree who was thought to be the top receiver.
Collies best moment will not be his stats but the quote where he said "When you're doing what's right, on and off the field, the Lord steps in and plays a part." That was said after the 2007 BYU game when they defeated Utah.