Drum roll please.......... The Harris Poll is out and they look exactly the same as the other polls! Congrats to these voters who openly admit to not watching games.
Just ask some of the voters in the Harris Interactive Poll, which helps determine the title-game matchup.
"I did not see them play [in the regular season]," Bobby Aillet said.
"I didn’t see any live games," Lance McIlhenny said. "I just [saw] highlights."
"I don’t recall if I saw them play specifically during the regular season," David Housel said. "I don’t remember a specific game."
These quotes are in reference to Utah last year in their BCS run. Still relevant, and even more proof that these guys cheat on their weekly exam by looking over the AP and coaches poll shoulder and steals their answers. Their top seven are in the exact order of the other 1/3 that decides who plays in the BCS title game and the top 11 all have the same teams with only TCU and Cincinnati in different orders.
It is easy to slam the polls, but it looks like there is a little actual thinking going on in the polls. Most thought --including myself-- BYU would move up in the polls after beating up on previously undefeated Colorado State who also was in the little brothers poll of 'also receiving votes.' Couple that with six teams ahead of them losing and bippity bop the Cougars fall in both polls.
This might actually mean voters take into account previous opponents results, because Florida State who smoked BYU lost at home to South Florida who was playing with a freshman quarterback. To dig even deeper Miami, FL lost to Virginia Tech a team FSU hung with until the last play of the game.
Why I am now going to give voters too much credit, because the same Oklahoma team that lost to BYU moved up two spots despite that BYU lost to Florida State who then lost to South Florida. Somehow Utah received less votes this week after they beat Louisville and then there was Oregon who Utah only lost to by four crushed Cal but there was no bump.
The real question is if TCU can catch Boise and if voters will rank Boise State lower for their schedule which outside of Oregon who is real good and a solid Fresno State team are a lot of bottom tier FBS programs.
|AP Top 25|
* Dropped from rankings: Florida State 18, North Carolina 22
* Others receiving votes: Missouri 175, Auburn 171, South Carolina 154, South Florida 145, UCLA 41, Utah 25, Wisconsin 20, Notre Dame 7, Arizona State 4, Stanford 2, North Carolina 2.
|USA Today Coaches' Poll|
* Dropped from rankings: North Carolina 18, Florida State 25
* Others receiving votes: Georgia Tech 186, South Florida 117, Auburn 103, South Carolina 92, Wisconsin 53, Utah 40, UCLA 27, Notre Dame 23, Stanford 20, North Carolina State 8, North Carolina 7, Florida State 4, Minnesota 2, Arizona 2, Rutgers 1, Texas A&M 1
* Dropped from rankings: Utah 7, Texas Tech 8, Georgia Tech 14, Michigan State 18, Pittsburgh 19, Ball State 20, Northwestern 21, Oregon State 25
* Others receiving votes: Auburn 366, Georgia Tech 340, South Florida 308, South Carolina 144, Wisconsin 119, Utah 84, UCLA 55, Notre Dame 51, Texas A&M 30, Stanford 9, North Carolina 9, Washington 6, Arizona 5, Indiana 5, Connecticut 4, Southern Miss 3, Florida State 2, Kansas State 2, Minnesota 2, Pittsburgh 2, Iowa State 1, Texas Tech 1,