A new number one this week, but that all could change with Thursdays 'Black Out' at Rice Eccles Stadium with TCU traveling to play Utah.
1.#12 (9-1) TCU is the hottest team in the league, and that is why they are in the number one spot of the year. A win Thursday puts only Air Force in the way for TCU to make a BCS bowl.
2.#8(9-0) The Utes struggled against New Mexico who is not that great, but if you look back in MWC play TCU narrowly defeated Colorado State on the road before they crushed BYU.
3.#15 (8-1) Thank goodness for that offense. The way the Cougars are playing there is no way they will beat Utah on November 22nd, someone must come up with a play defensively.
4. (7-2) Falcons were so-so against a bad Army team, but their special teams showed up with three field goals.
5. (4-5) Colorado State lost a tough one against BYU, but their offense showed up with 42 points in a losing effort.
6. (4-6)Tough loss against Utah this week at home, their defense slowed down an Ute offense that averaged 37 per game to just 13.
7. (3-6) The Rebels showed nothing this week while getting blown out by TCU at home, yes starting quarterback Omar Clayton went down. Losing by 30 at home is terrible
8. (3-6) The Pokes scored a season high 38 points and finally showed some signs off life.
9 (1-8) The Aztecs confirmed they are possibly the worst team in I-A losing to Wyoming 38-10.