This would be the last for these in the conference but since there are games December 1st their will be this weeks rankings and next weeks before the regular season ends.
1. BYU is ranked in #23 in the top 25 this year and are preparing for another undefeated conference title with 2 games left. A weakness that could hurt the Cougars is their secondary that has multiple injuries.
2. The Utes defense has been playing amazingly well the past 3 weeks by allowing only 13 points and one of those teams was New Mexico that has a potent offense that the Utes held them to 10. Utes have a chance to take the top spot with a win at LaVell Edwards on Saturday against BYU.
3. The Falcon are heading bowling this season after having their best season since 2000 when they finished 9-3, but if the Falcons win their bowl game it will be their first 10 win season since 1998 when they won the old 16 team WAC and was 12-1.
4. The Horned Frogs may have turned it on a bit too late, with 6 wins they are bowl eligible, but a 7th win against San Diego State would go a long way for them to get into a bowl game. Plus throw in that they have been playing well as of late and their is a bowl game in their home stadium.
5. New Mexico does look to be in good shape to finish 8-4 as long as they can defeat UNLV Saturday. Even with 7 wins the Lobos should go bowling but with a potential of 6 teams that might be bowl eligible every win counts.
6. These guys have hit rock bottom, and must be Colorado State to secure a 7th win for a potential bowl game and hopefully save Joe Glenn's job.
7. The Aztecs have improved this year and have a chance to go 6-6 and become bowl eligible, but they would have to beat TCU and BYU, both games are at home but that will be tough for the Aztecs to win both.
8. UNLV is battling for the bottom of the conference with the Rams, and this could be Mike Sanford's last game as the Rebel's head coach. It still is amazing that they shout out Utah 27-0
9.Yes they have 2 wins but one comes against FCS team Georgia Southern, and that game was even a close one for the Rams. It is time for the Athletic Director to get his list of names for the new coach.