The preview series continues as Jeremy and Chris discuss the 2013 New Mexico Lobos season. We do spend a lot of time on the size of the New Mexico defensive lineman, and it pretty much works.
The New Mexico offense should better than 2012 which was pretty solid, but to become a very good offense it all depends on how much better quarterback Cole Gautsche can throw the ball. The running attack with Kasey Carrier and Gautsche, plus others will lead the way and eat up a lot game clock and will lead the offense attack.
The defense needs to get better and if that unit can improve of off their 99th ranking in 2012 to maybe a top-70 ranking that could be the difference in making a bowl game or not.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- 2013 Mountain West player rankings, No. 40: Wyoming CB Blair Burns
- FOX Sports 1 still without a deal with DirecTV, Dish, Time Warner
- 2013 Mountain West player rankings, No. 41: Utah State LB Kyler Fackrell
- San Jose State Non-Conference Preview: Stanford Cardinal
- 2013 Mountain West player rankings, No. 42: San Diego State LB Derek Largent