There are just two weeks of regular season college football left (sad face), but that does not stop us from recording a very late-night show. We did tease a new theme song but we ran into a few snags and we want to get it right, so stay tuned for next week for a new show open.
We both are split on more games than not this week, and for future reference maybe we should chart how well we pick these games. Just a few things to work on for next season.
We get things started off by talking about the Thursday night game between UNLV and Air Force. This is a big game for the Rebels as they are trying for the third straight game to become bowl eligible, and we both feel that UNLV should be able get the job done because of the weapons they have.
San Jose State and Navy is another game where bowl eligibility is on the line as the Spartans are one win away from earn a bowl bid. The way both teams play we feel that this could be a game with a lot of points, maybe.
Wyoming at Hawaii is near the bottom of games with a lot of impact this week. For one, we both feel that Dave Christensen could be fired if he loses to Hawaii, but also if Wyoming wins this week and can beat Utah State on the road in the season finale they go bowling. Jeremy's upset pick is Hawaii pulling one over on Hawaii.
Fresno State hosts New Mexico and this should be a big win for the Bulldogs, but they must blowout the Lobos to keep the voters liking Fresno State in the BCS. Also, a 4 p.m. ET kick helps get some more eyeballs on a very good Fresno State team.
San Diego State and Boise State is a huge game since it marks the rematch where the Aztecs ended the Broncos lengthy home winning streak last year. This is one to watch.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- New Mexico vs. UAB game preview: Lobos looking to stay perfect
- VIDEO: Week 13 Mountain West football preview
- Rebels free throw woes continue as Jahii Carson carries Sun Devils to win over UNLV
- Week 13 Mountain West football schedule
- Mountain West football standings: League title game could be determined this weekend
- 2013 Week 13 Mountain West football coverage
- Week 13 Mountain West football early odds: USU is a TD favorite over Colorado State