The latest edition of the Mid-Major top-10 poll is out and there is a new top team, well sort of. Fresno State is still No. 1 but they share that spot with fellow undefeated Northern Illinois. In fact, no spot on the poll remained the same.
The biggest drop was Boise State -- who was on a bye -- as they fell two spots to No. 7. Buffalo and East Carolina were the two teams to leapfrog the Broncos this week. The one newcomer of the poll is North Texas which entered the 10 spot with a 7-3 overall record.
Here is my ballot, and I didn't fill out one last week on the site, and I can't find my email there is no previous. Sorry about that.
|1||Fresno State||9-0 (6-0 MWC)|
|2||Northern Illinois||9-0 (5-0 MAC)|
|3||Ball State||9-1 (6-0 MAC)|
|4||East Carolina||7-2 (5-1 C-USA)|
|6||Boise State||6-3 (4-1 MWC)|
|7||Buffalo||7-2 (5-0 MAC)|
|8||Louisiana-Lafayette||7-2 (4-0 Sun Belt)|
|9||North Texas||7-3 (5-1 C-USA)|
|10||San Diego State||5-4 (4-1 MWC)|
Here's a look at the full poll:
|1||Fresno State||9-0 (6-0 MWC)||57 (3)||1|
|1||Northern Illinois||9-0 (5-0 MAC)||57 (3)||2|
|3||Ball State||9-1 (6-0 MAC)||48||4|
|5||East Carolina||7-2 (5-1 C-USA)||35||6|
|6||Buffalo||7-2 (5-0 MAC)||27||8|
|7||Boise State||6-3 (4-1 MWC)||20||5|
|8||Toledo||6-3 (4-1 MAC)||19||10|
|8||Louisiana-Lafayette||7-2 (4-0 Sun Belt)||14||9|
|10||North Texas||7-3 (5-1 C-USA)||14||NR|
Dropped Out: Ohio | Others Receiving Votes: Bowling Green (5), Rice (1), SDSU (1)
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Bracketology projections: First look at the field of 68
- Can walk on lead Aztecs to Bowl eligibility?
- Week 2 college basketball rankings: New Mexico rises in AP, drops one spot in coaches poll
- Colorado State takes on the 14th ranked Bulldogs
- Week 12 college football odds: An early look at MWC football lines
- Fresno State DB Derron Smith up for the Lott Impact player of the week