Boise State 42, Air Force 20: The first half it looked like Boise State's defense was seemingly as lost as they were against Washington, but they figured something out in the second half to stop Air Force's ground attack. Air Force proved their defense needs work, but the offense can have success against really good defenses, part of the time.
Pittsburgh 49, New Mexico 27: Quarterback play doomed the Lobos, Clayton Mitchem had issues running the option offense, so Cole Gautsche must be the man under center. New Mexico also needs to find a way to run up the middle with a bigger back than Kasey Carrier.
Florida State 62, Nevada 7: We know Devin Combs is better than a serviceable quarterback to Cody Fajarado, but redshirth freshman Tyler Stewart has a ways to go. Third-string running back Chris Solomon got the start and put up 100 yards.
Wyoming 35, Northern Colorado 7: This was an expected blowout, the only concern is that quarterback Brett Smith tweaked his ankle in the first half, and was hobbling the rest of game.
Utah State 70, Weber State 6: The Aggies defense gave up zero points and had 70 on the board with 10 minutes left in the third quarter.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- AP Top 25 poll, Week 4: Fresno State is lurking on the outside
- USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll, Week 4: Fresno State enters at No. 25
- Utah State vs Weber State final score: Aggies thump Wildcats, 70-6
- UNLV Comes Back From 21 Down to Beat Central Michigan
- Colorado State finds offensive identity in win over Cal Poly
- New Mexico vs. Pitt final score: Panthers crush Lobos, 49-27
- Wolf Pack Limp out of Tallahassee with a Loss