The race for the Mountain West title race is getting more clear in both the Mountain and West divisions. Fresno State is the clear frontrunner in the West division, and has been for a while, however San Jose State could make things interesting to end the season when they host Fresno State in the season finale.
If San Jose State wins out they would have the same 7-1 conference record as Fresno State, but the win over the Bulldogs would give the Spartans the opportunity to be in the Mountain West title game.
On the Mountain side, Boise State is likely heading to the title game but if they slip over the rest of the way then that would open the door for Utah State to be at the title game. The two threats for Boise State are when they host Wyoming and travel to San Diego State.
The latter seems to be the best chance for Boise State to slip up, and if they do and Utah State win out then the Aggies would win the Mountain Division. Utah State's schedule has them going to UNLV and then hosting Colorado State and Wyoming.
Mountain West Standings
|San Jose State||4-1||5-3|
|San Diego State||3-1||4-4|
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Week 11 Mountain West football odds: Multiple double-digit lines
- Late basket lifts Rams in exhibition game
- UNLV loses to Division II Dixie State, Bryce Dejean-Jones to injury
- PODCAST: Week 10 Mountain West football recap
- Week 11 BCS standings: Fresno State remains at No. 16, path to BCS bowl game intact