Colorado State and New Mexico matchup in a key Mountain West game that will determine if either team will go bowling. Actually, New Mexico must win if they want to possibly make a bowl game since they are 3-6 and Colorado State is 5-4 and have a much better chance to make a bowl game, but they must win seven games to reach a bowl game.
As for on the field action the main attraction will be the running attack between the Rams Kapri Bibbs and the Lobos Kasey Carrier. These two back are on their way to being the likely choices to be the two first-team MWC backs, and could be a special performance on Saturday afternoon.
However, look for Bibbs to have a better performance than Carrier since Colorado State has a defense that could slow down the New Mexico running game since the Rams have the third best rushing defense in the league. Also, if Cory James and Shaquil Barrett can stop the up the middle running attack then there goes New Mexico's rushing attack.
Date/time: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2013, 7 p.m. ET
Location: University Stadium; Albuquerque, N.M.
TV: Root Sports
Streaming: Mountain West Digital Network (www.themw.com) only if outside the Root Sports Rocky Mountain footprint.
Odds: Colorado State is a seven-point favorite
Weather: Mid 50s, wind up to 20 MPH
More from Mountain West Connection:
- San Diego State vs. Arizona final score: No Upset, No Surprises
- UNLV vs. UCSB final score: Rebels falls to the Gauchos
- Week 12 college football TV schedule
- Week 12 Mountain West football TV schedule
- VIDEO: Week 12 Mountain West football preview
- 2013 Week 12 Mountain West football coverage
- Boise State Broncos vs. Wyoming Cowboys: Game Preview
- PHOTO: Hawaii to don Rainbow Warrior uniforms for retro night