Week 12 means that the college football season is nearing an end, but it also means that there are plenty of teams vying to earn their sixth win of the year to become bowl eligible or division titles.
Currently, the West Division is Fresno State's for the having and them being off does not change that and it will take them losing their final two games to New Mexico and San Jose State, plus San Diego State finishing with one league loss or San Jose State with two. As one can see it will take a lot for Fresno State to not end up in the Mountain West title game.
In the Mountain Division it is a little more muddy, but not really. If Boise State wins out against Wyoming, San Diego State and New Mexico they win the crown. However, if Boise State stumbles at all and Utah State wins out against Colorado State and Wyoming then the Aggies would win the crown.
As for the rest of the league, bowl jockeying is taking place. San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV are one win away from becoming bowl eligible. Colorado State is likely to get to bowl eligibility with seven wins -- they played 13 games so they need one more than the required six -- and Wyoming is still in the mix by needing to win two of their final three games which come against Boise State, Utah State and Hawaii.
Mountain West Standings
|San Diego State||4-1||5-4|
|San Jose State||4-2||5-4|
More from Mountain West Connection:
- San Diego State vs. Arizona basketball: Getting to know the Wildcats
- Week 12 Mountain West football coverage
- Week 12 Mountain West football TV schedule
- Wyoming vs. Colorado hoops preview
- San Diego State vs. No. 6 Arizona preview
- Mid-Major College Football Top 10: Fresno State, Northern Illinois tied for top spot
- Can walk on lead Aztecs to Bowl eligibility?
- PHOTO: New Mexico, Nevada to honor Native Americans with turquoise uniforms
- San Diego State announces basketball practice facility