The Fresno St. Bulldogs have all but wrapped the West division and should be hosting the Mountain West title game, but on the Mountain side there are plenty of options. Right now Boise State, Utah State and Colorado State all have one loss apiece in the division, and this week Colorado State plays Boise State for a possible inside track to the conference title game, if they can win.
Utah State has already lost to Boise State so the Aggies would like for Colorado State to win this Saturday, and then that could possibly make the Nov. 30 matchup between Colorado State and Utah State be the de facto Mountain Division title game.
There are plenty of other games that have bowl implications, starting with UNLV who could become bowl eligible for the first time since 2000, if they get past San Jose State.
San Diego State has been playing extremely well and can shoot up the standings and also make a bowl game, but right now they still have a lot of work ahead of them sitting at 3-4.
Mountain West Standings
|San Jose State||3-1||4-3|
|San Diego State||2-1||3-4|
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Week 10 Mountain West football TV guide
- San Diego State baseball team plays their annual Halloween costume game
- Colorado State Basketball Season Preview
- Watch San Jose State vs. UNLV at 4 p.m. ET, Saturday Nov. 2
- VIDEO: Fresno State vs. Northern Illinois as BCS contenders?
- Week 9 Mountain West football highlights