Official Community Guidelines exist for a singular purpose: they exist to help make this a place that is safe, educational, and fun for the entire community.
The following are simply not acceptable; they violate the Community Guidelines, and are subject to sanction as outlined below:
1. Personal attacks are not acceptable at all towards community members, directly or through sarcasm/belittling.
2. Comments that are intolerant or prejudiced (sexist, racist, homophobic, etc.) in nature, so keep it clean.
3. Harassing/Baiting of users, e.g., "How about that player; isn't he great?" posted five consecutive times that player makes a play, "The team will never win this game" posted 10 times in 30 minutes, etc.
4. Relentless negativity will not be tolerated. What constitutes
"relentless negativity"? It's simple: simply posting the team sucks 100 percent of the time without reasoning or proposing solutions. There is nothing helpful about someone who constantly says that their team "sucks" and complains. We're all fans and we all get frustrated when the team doesn't perform or has bad luck, but regurgitating the same venom over and over again doesn't help anything or anyone. Our community is aiming to be better than that. If you continue to do nothing but post negativity, you may lose posting privileges without warning. There's a difference between someone who aims to point out flaws and be constructive and someone who is destructive. 10 Fanposts, or 10 comments, in a row about how the team stinks with no reasoning or proposals is basically trolling and that's how it will be treated. The goal is to make this community fun for everyone.
5. Comments that bring politics, or other highly inflammatory non-sport related topics, onto the blog (which is a non-political blog). And just so that all are clear, the blog does accept political advertising as long as it is not offensive in any way, shape or form, but we subscribe to the belief that advertising and editorial are separate. So there will occasionally be political ads that run. Just like any other media outlet, just because a political ad runs, it doesn't mean we endorse or support whatever cause it happens to be.