The San Diego St. Aztecs are the next school in our podcast preview series of the upcoming 2013 football season. Our guest this week is David Frerker of San Diego Sports Domination who covers everything about San Diego Sports, including the Aztecs.
The discussion goes in-depth as we talk about a lot of the Aztecs schedule and it sets up nice for San Diego State to make a run at the West division and possible even the Mountain West title. Boise State is the likely team that stands in the way of the Aztecs winning the division. However, there should concern with Fresno State and even San Jose State, despite glossing over that team.
The defense should be very good and one of the best in the nation since San Diego State returns nearly their entire defensive unit, but the secondary is still an issue. Plus, we discuss the possibility of landing Texas quarterback Connor Brewer, but Frerker says San Diego State is loaded at quarterback and may not need Brewer.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- What will happen to Mountain West if power conferences break away
- Fresno State adds a new recruit to 2014 class
- Time for an American-Mountain West Champions Bowl Matchup?
- 2013 Mountain West player rankings, No. 32: Boise State S Jeremy Ioane
- Stiffer Competition for Utah State and San Jose State? Not Really.