The Fresno St. Bulldogs won the 2013 Mountain West title game in a close 24-17 win over the Utah State Aggies on Saturday night. The awards were handed down after the game for the offensive and defensive player of the game awards, and since Fresno State won the game, they also won both awards.
This was not a typical Fresno State game where they scored a lot of points and allowed a lot of points against Utah State. Derek Carr put up some good numbers by completing 36 of 53 passes for 404 yards with three touchdowns plus he was picked off two times int he third quarter.
The defense for Fresno State had one of their better games of the year with nine total sacks, held Utah State to just 4 of 16 on third downs and had two interceptions. The player that stood out the most for Fresno State was defensive back Derron Smith who had an interception and a sack in title game.
- Fresno State wins 2013 Mountain West title
- North Dakota State's Craig Bohl to be named Wyoming coach, per report
- Wyoming to have press conference Sunday night, possibly name head coach
- Northern Illinois losing MAC title game could help MWC bowl chances
- Boise State defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski to Washington per report