The Fresno State offense was stifled in the first quarter against Utah State in the 2013 Mountain West title game, and scored just three points in the first quarter. The Aggies defense was hassling Bulldogs quarterback Derek Carr by sacking him multiple times and forcing him to throw balls more quickly then they wanted to.
In the second quarter, Fresno State started to spread the Utah State defense horizontally and use quick throws to not allow the excellent Utah State front seven to get to Carr quickly. That has worked as Fresno State scored touchdowns on back-to-back drives to lead 17-0 midway through the second quarter.
Utah State threatened on their next drive but Fresno State's Derron Smith picked off Darell Garretson at the 2-yard line.
- Wyoming to have press conference Sunday night, possibly name head coach
- Wyoming coaching search: Illinois State's Brock Spack interviews for open job, or not
- Boise State defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski to Washington per report
- Mountain West championship game: Small crowd could be expected
- Mountain West championship 2013 game predictions