Boise State's Chris Petersen rarely answers the phone when another school calls him about their open vacancy. That is somewhat changing -- even if ever so slightly -- as in the past few years he has interview for the Stanford job and was close enough to the UCLA job two years ago when they were prepared to offer $4 million a year, and most recently he took his name out of the running of the USC job.
Another Pac-12 job that just opened up in Washington and there is already news from Football Scoop that Petersen is at the very least interested in hearing what they have to say; as they say that is some big news.
Most interesting thing I’ve heard today re: UW search is that Chris Petersen is intrigued enough to listen. That alone says something— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 3, 2013
The Washington job initially looked to be Jim Mora's job for the taking, but Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com is reporting that UCLA has locked him up.
We will see how far this goes with Petersen and Washington; also he is not the only Mountain West coach who could be involved in this job, Fresno State's Tim DeRuyter is also getting some consideration.
- Colorado State vs. Colorado Basketball
- 2013 Mountain West bowl coverage
- MWC bowl news: Craig Thompson feels one team will be left out
- Wyoming football recruiting: QB Austin Fort solid with verbal commitment despite Dave Christensen gone
- MWC Championship: Five(-ish) to Watch for Utah State
- UNLV avoids dropping to 2-4, blowout UT Martin 85-55
- Boise State to an AAC bowl game?
- Sam Houston State's Willie Fritz, Oakland Raiders Ted Gilmore on Cowboys radar