The Boise St. Broncos head coaching job is down one less name as current Arkansas State head coach and former Broncos offensive coordinator has taken his name out of consideration from the job, per Boise State's Rivals affiliate:
Just informed that Harsin has withdrawn his name for the #BoiseState job— Blue Turf (@BlueTurf) December 10, 2013
It does seem odd that Harsin would not take the step up to the Mountain West from the Sun Belt, and back to where he has success as an offensive coordinator.
With Harsin now out of the picture, the two names now linked to the Boise State job are Justin Wilcox and Dirk Koetter. Wilcox is a former Boise State defensive coordinator and has held the same position at Washington state, but his status there is in limbo since Washington just hired Boise State's Chris Petersen.
Koetter is a former Boise State coach who started it all for the Broncos before taking off to other job, and he currently is the Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator; a job he may no longer have since the Falcons are not very good this year.
- VIDEO: Early look at the Mountain West bowl games
- Boise State coaching search: Dirk Koetter getting second interview, Justin Wilcox has options
- 2013 Mountain West all-conference awards: Derek Carr wins offensive POY
- Kentucky vs. Boise State basketball: Get to know the Wildcats
- Despite success, Colorado State attendance hits 42-year low