Dave Christensen came to Wyoming five years ago from Missouri and implemented his spread and fast past attack to Laramie, Wyo., but with limited success. Now, Football Scoop is reporting that Christensen will be resigning from his post.
Sources tell us Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen plans to resign http://t.co/sNnVtycOD5— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 1, 2013
Christensen has amassed a 27-33 record during his time at Wyoming, two winning seasons and went 1-1 in bowl games. This year was to be different though with a great offense led by quarterback Brett Smith and wide receiver Robert Herron. Even with an early season loss to Nebraska there was hope for a good season for the Cowboys.
Wyoming started the season with a 4-2 record which included an odd loss to Texas State, but the second half of the season went down hill quickly. The defense fell off the rails and Christensen fired defensive coordinator Chris Tormey after giving up 50 points in back-to-back games, but that did not help as the defense gave up 48, 48, 56 and 37 points to end the season.
The one win in their final six games was a wild overtime shootout win against Hawaii, and despite all of the issues in the second half of the year Wyoming had a shot at being bowl eligible in the season finale against Utah State, but they lost to finish 5-7.
- MWC Bowl Projections: Fresno's Long Fall
- 2013 Mountain West title game: Fresno State opens as a four-point favorite over Utah State
- PHOTOS: Utah State tops Wyoming to earn MWC title game berth
- Week 15 Projected BCS standings: Fresno State is done
- San Diego State vs. Marquette basketball: Getting to know the Golden Eagles
- Nevada vs. BYU final score: Cougars have big second half to top Wolf Pack, 28-23
- New Mexico vs. San Diego Final Score: 73-66
- 2013 Mountain West title game: Fresno State will take on Utah State