Saturday's game between Wyoming and Utah State has huge implications for the Aggies because of they win they will be in the Mountain West title game against Fresno State.
However, the stakes increased exponentially as this game is now being called Bridger's Battle, named after 19th-century explorer Jim Bridger (read up kids), with the winner getting a rifle. Yes, that is correct, the winner gets a .50 caliber rifle, and thanks to Paul Myerberg for a picture.
Utah State and Wyoming christen a new rivalry, the "Bridger's Battle," and will play for this .50 caliber rifle: pic.twitter.com/shbdMBAIxm— Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) November 25, 2013
This hands down has to be the best item up for grabs in a rivalry game, it might even better then the Fremont Cannon that is given to the winner of the Nevada and UNLV game. Actually thinking about it, the canon is better.
The final question is if the rifle is in working condition.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- PODCAST: Week 13 Mountain West football recap
- Week 14 BCS standings: Fresno State behind Northern Illinois
- MWC Bowl Projections: Aztecs, Broncos Change Fortunes
- Week 14 college football rankings: Fresno State moves up to No. 13 in coaches poll
- Utah State can win Mountain Division with win over Wyoming
- 2013 Mountain West title game coverage