There will be quite a few changes once the new BCS standings come out Sunday evening. Multiple teams ranked ahead of Fresno State lost in Miami, Oregon, Oklahoma and LSU. Miami and LSU likely will drop behind Fresno State, had LSU kept it close to Alabama they might stay ahead of Fresno State but a blow out prevents that.
Northern Illinois will most likely stay at No. 17 this week, and Central Florida of the AAC will probably hover around the 20 spot.
These are projected BCS standings based on results and how the computers and pollsters will arrange the teams. In my opinion I could see Stanford and Baylor being ranked ahead of Ohio State, and in that order.
2. Florida State
3. Ohio State
10. South Carolina
11. Oklahoma State
12. Texas A&M
14. Fresno State
16. Michigan State
17. Northern Illinois
More from Mountain West Connection:
- College football rankings Week 12: Fresno State moving up
- New Mexico vs. Alabama A&M final score: Lobos cruis to easy victory
- Bowl Projections: Aggies, Rams in Good Shape
- Fresno State vs. Wyoming Recap: Bulldogs Romp in Laramie
- Aztecs lose two top recruits to USC and UCLA
- Wyoming vs. Fresno State game preview: Can Cowboys pull off a home upset?