Date/time: Friday Oct. 4, 8 p.m. ET
Location: Romney Stadium, Logan, Utah
TV: CBS Sports Network (Channel finder)
Odds: Utah State is a six-point favorite
Weather: 52 at kick off, but Mid-to-low 40s once night fall hits. No threat of precipitation.
Utah State is looking for revenge over last years 6-3 debacle in Provo, but this time around BYU has to travel the two-plus hour bus ride to play at the home of Utah State. This is a game that should be close since BYU's front seven should be able to harass Chuckie Keeton, and maybe similarly to what USC did.
The same can be said for Utah Sate's linebacking corp which is the best in the Mountain West, and one of the better one's in the country. That unit should be able to attack BYU quarterback Taysom Hill who is completing a hair over 40 percent of his passes.
The main theme for this game is quarterback play. If Keeton can be protected from BYU's great front seven then he should be able to have a good game. As for Hill, he needs to show that he can complete at least 50 percent of his passes. Even if both quarterbacks play up to their best my edge says Utah State will win a close game. However, my confidence level in this game leans toward Utah State pulling out a six- to 10-point win.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Hawaii vs San Jose State Week 6 preview: Rainbow Warriors and Spartans go to battle.
- PODCAST: Week 6 Mountain West football preview
- BYU vs. Utah State: Getting to know the Cougars
- Utah State vs. BYU 2013 game preview: A blossoming rivalry
- Week 6 Mountain West football power rankings: Fresno State is king
- BCS Buster Watch 2013: Week 6