Boise State takes on BYU in their final non-conference game of the season this Friday night, and the big question surrounding the game is how will first-time starter Grant Hedrick fare for the Broncos. BYU brings a ferocious front-seven led by linebacker Kyle Van Noy, and he plus the other members of the BYU defense must be excited to be taking on a fairly green quarterback.
Starting Hedrick does have its advantages for Boise State with the Broncos now being able to use the read-option by taking advantage of Hedrick's speed. Last week when he took over for Joe Southwick, Hedrick rushed for over 100 yards. The BYU defense is much better than Nevada's but the wrinkle could be just enough to give Boise State an edge over that BYU front seven.
Date/time: Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, 8 p.m. ET
Location: LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, Utah
Odds: BYU (-7)
Weather: Mid to low 50s
More from Mountain West Connection:
- PODCAST: Week 9 MWC football preview
- Air Force is having open quarterback competition between Karson Roberts, Nate Romine
- Hawaii vs Colorado State Week 9 preview: Rainbow Warriors host Rams for Homecoming
- The Battle for the Fremont Cannon: UNLV @ NEVADA
- Too Early for Baseball? Never! Pre-Season Picks for Champions
- UNLV running back Tim Cornett is doubtful against Nevada
- Week 9 Mountain West football TV schedule