After winning the Mountain West title game on Saturday night over Utah State, Fresno State has accepted an invite to play in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl. This should not come as a shock to anyone because it was being reported that Fresno State was heading to this bowl game regardless if they won the Mountain West or not.
The invitation was offered and accepted right after the game via bowl director Dan Hanneke:
"We congratulate Coach DeRuyter and his players on earning the inaugural conference championship," Hanneke said. "Fresno State won its way into our bowl game and our Executive Committee couldn't be happier about it. We can't wait for the Red Wave to hit the World Famous Las Vegas Strip in just two short weeks."
The Las Vegas Bowl takes place on the first Saturday of college football bowl games on Dec. 21, and be televised on ABC with a 3:30 p.m. ET kick off.
- Fresno State wins 2013 Mountain West title
- North Dakota State's Craig Bohl to be named Wyoming coach, per report
- Fresno State sweep MWC title game player of game awards
- Northern Illinois losing MAC title game could help MWC bowl chances
- Boise State defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski to Washington per report