ATLANTA, GA - SEPTEMBER 03: D.J. Harper #7 of the Boise State Broncos rushes upfield against the Georgia Bulldogs at Georgia Dome on September 3, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
No. 24 Boise St. Broncos Vs. BYU Cougars, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN
This is the only game of the night, and it is a good one. Boise State is coming off of a big win over Miami (OH) to back on the winning way, while BYU lost a heart breaking game against their rival Utah late Saturday night.
This game should be very competitive as both teams have hovered at the bottom of the rankings, and they each have their own strengths.
Keys for a Boise State win:
- Create pressure on BYU quarterback Riley Nelson.
- Running back D.J. Harper needs to have a big game running the ball.
- Test BYU's secondary, which is an average group.
- Attempt to contain BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman
Keys for a BYU win:
- Run the ball with Mike Alisa, similar to what Michigan State did against Boise State.
- Blitz a lot to make Boise State quarterback feel uncomfortable in the pocket.
- Pass the ball to the multiple receiving weapons they have.
- Avoid false start penalties on the offensive line.