I was cruising though some MWC stat pages for fun and remembered that I can write on a blog about it so here are a few crazy findings of mine. These are just interesting things, nothing to make a big deal about.
- CSU is #1 in total defense giving up 318 YPG. On a per play basis they are also #1 with 5 yards per play, Boise is seconds at 5.4. That is crazy considering years past.
- Boise State has not scored a field goal, Army is the only other team to have not scored a FG in the nation.
- Despite running the triple option run offense, Air Force is last in time of possession in the conference at 26:49. Down about 4 minutes from last year. They have been in the top half of the MWC the last 5 years.
- UNLV has recovered all 5 of their opponents fumbles, only North Texas at 6 has more while a 100% recovery rate.
- Meanwhile SDSU's opponents have fumbled a nation high 17 times in 4 games, they have only recovered 8 of those.
- UNLV has not kicked a touchback yet, they have kicked two out of bounds however.
These mean nothing really, I just thought they were interesting. I may do this series again in a couple weeks and see if I can find anymore stats that pop out to me.