FanShot

The MWC really just has a deep passion for losing money, and that's sort of one of the bullshit...

+

The MWC really just has a deep passion for losing money, and that's sort of one of the bullshit arguments used for keeping them out of the BCS. (Something mumble tv revenues mumble ratings etc mumble.) There are other fascinating numbers, though. --Mississippi State receives one of the largest subsidies from its school in the SEC at 12% of the total budget for 2010. Tennessee receives the other at 12%, which as Holly helpfully points out likely went toward the new shiny football complex. --By comparison, look at the Pac-12's revenues, and then watch in coming years as the new tv deal cuts into those margins. Washington State at 24% subsidy is something you probably won't see again barring total disaster. (This being Wazzu, this could totally happen.) ---Big Ten staying appropriately thrifty in 2010, with only Minnesota broaching double digits with 10% of the budget coming from subsidies. ---The A-Sun and MEAC are horrendous by the numbers, but you already knew that.

Via, EDSBS.
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Mountain West Connection

You must be a member of Mountain West Connection to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Mountain West Connection. You should read them.

Join Mountain West Connection

You must be a member of Mountain West Connection to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Mountain West Connection. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker