The only Mountain West player that is expected to be taken in the first round of the NFL Draft is TCU quarterback Andy Dalton who is being coveted by many teams. SB Nation put together a mock draft that includes possible trade scenarios and this puts TCU quarterback being selected in the first round by the Bengals, and here is how that happened:
Eagles get: No. 35 overall (second round), No. 66 overall (third round), 2012 third-round pick
Bengals get: No. 23 overall
23. Cincinnati Bengals (f/PHI): Andy Dalton, QB, TCU. As we mentioned up top, the Bengals will likely try to move back into Round 1 for a quarterback in the likely event that they pass on Blaine Gabbert at No. 4. Philadelphia is a strong trade partner, as they love to move up and down the board. It'd cost the Bengals a pretty penny to get Dalton, whom Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is reportedly very high on, but if they do it, they'd have two really nice fits for Gruden's system.
The Bengals would be a good spot for Andy Dalton if Carson Palmer is still on the team. That would allow Dalton to sit for a year or two to learn the game, but all signs point to Palmer retiring since the Bengals have no interest in trading him. So, if Dalton does go to the Bengals he could be an opening day starter.
Sporting News went all out and did a seven round mock draft and this list includes future Mountain West teams Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada and Boise State.
Boise State players drafted:
- Titus Young, WR - Round 2 - No. 55 overall to the Kansas City Chiefs
- Austin Pettis, WR - Round 6 - No. 188 overall to the Indianapolis Colts
- Ryan Winterswyk - Round 7 - No. 250 overall to the San Francisco 49ers
Nevada players drafted:
- Collin Kaepernick, QB - Round 2 - No. 34th overall to the Buffalo Bills
- Dontay Moch, OLB - Round 3 - No. 69th overall to the Arizona Cardinals
- Virgil Green, TE - Round 6 - No. 187th overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Vai Taua, RB - Round 7 - No. 222nd overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TCU players drafted:
- Marcus Cannon, OT - Round 3 - No. 70 overall to the Cleveland Browns
- Andy Dalton, QB - Round 3 - No. 76 overall to the San Francisco 49ers
- Jermey Kerley, WR - Round 4 - No. 115 overall to the San Francisco 49ers
- Jimmy Young, WR Round 6 - No. 197 overall to the Green Bay Packers
- Wayne Daniels, OLB Round 7 - No. 232nd overall to the Pittsburgh Steelers
Fresno State players drafted:
- Andrew Jackson, G - Round 3 - No. 73rd overall to the Houston Texans
- Chris Carter, OLB - Round 4 - No. 120th overall to the Philadelphia Eagles
- Kenneth Wiggins, OT - Round 7 - No. 225th overall to the Baltimore Ravens
San Diego State players drafted:
- Vincent Brown, WR - Round 5 - No. 146th overall to the Miami Dolphins
Hawaii players drafted.
- Alex Green RB - Round 6 - No. 181st overall to the Oakland Raiders
- Greg Salas WR - Round 6 - No. 198th to the New York Giants
Utah players drafted.
- Sealver Siliga DT - Round 7 - No. 213th overall to the Washington Redskins
- Brandon Burton CB Round 7 - No. 246th overall to the Cincinnati Bengals