BYU guard Jimmer Fredette has made a name for himself with his ability to score while garnering praise from NBA superstar Kevin Durant to Grammy award winning hip hop artist Nelly. However there is always that one person who has to be different and that perso is Michelle Peralta who is possibly the only person who really dislikes Jimmer Fredette -- with the possible exception of opposing Mountain West fans -- as she wrote an open letter to BYU's student newspaper The Daily Universe:
I can't walk across campus without hearing Jimmer Fredette's name a dozen times. His name comes up everywhere: in class, at work, during lunch ... really, people? Cut it out with the Jimmer worship.
Don't you have a life to live? Then quit wasting it in front of the TV or in lines at the Marriott Center.
This is most likely written by someone who is not a big basketball fan and does not get why Fredette is such a hot topic, and she probably thought nothing of it when she sent in that letter. So, what is the worst that could happen, well I am glad you asked.
Well she found out the hard way as her Facebook wall was thoroughly spammed. Now, the thing is that none of the comments on her wall are hurtful or mean, but they are full of 'JImmerisms' proclaiming how great he is. The thread is long, so here are a few of the best posts:
- "For God so loved the world, he gave us Jimmer."
- "Only the Jimmer can find Carmen Sandiego."
- "jimmerboard.net because he never hits rim."
- "I noticed in your letter that you accidentally forgot to capitalize some of your pronouns when you referred to The Jimmer. I am sure He doesn't appreciate that."
- "And we talk of Jimmer, we rejoice in Jimmer, we preach of JImmer, we prophesy of Jimmer, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they make look for a crossover and deep 3."
- "Why did Jimmer cross the road? Because he got tired of crossing over Tre'Von!"
I could go on forever with these, but those are just a few of the best. The moral of this is to not besmirch a teams icon or suffer the wrath on your Facebook wall.
Trust me go check out this link that has the entire wall posts before she made her account private.