There are now only two full months left of no college football (YES!!), and with that NCAA Football Odds for single games are out, conference predictions, as well as odds to win the BCS title. Even though meaningful football is 62 days away from the Thursday night openers Vegas has been putting together early odds; those odds will be a good indicator of who will be a good team this upcoming season.
The consensus for the Mountain West is that it is TCU at the top with Utah at the second spot, and then there is a big mixture of Air Force and BYU at third, and then a real shockers is a publication that is really high on San Diego State and has them fourth and ahead of BYU. BYU will most likely have a down year, but fifth seems a bit of a stretch as it is with San Diego State a team who has not been to a bowl game since 1998.
My early top three for the Mountain West (and is subject to change) is TCU, Utah, and Air Force, but could easily see BYU being in the third spot as well. To round out the rest of the (way too early) league San Diego State, Wyoming, UNLV, Colorado State, and New Mexico.
The odds for big time Mountain West games are out and there are a few of them that are interesting.
- Utah is an early 3.5 favorite over Pitt at home.
- Colorado State is a ten point underdog to Colorado which is puzzling since both teams are not that good.
- TCU is a huge 10.5 favorite over Oregon State, game is being played at the Dallas Cowboys stadium.
- BYU is a seven point favorite over Air Force in a game at the Academy, seems a bit much.
- UNLV is not getting any favors by the oddsmakers as they are 20 point dogs against Utah, BYU, and Wisconsin.
- Florida State is favored by seven over BYU, that seems about right.
- Notre Dame is a 4.5 favorite over Utah in South Bend, mixed feelings over that.
- TCU is a seven point favorite over Utah while the BYU vs. Utah is not listed.
Below is a list of most of the odds for big time college football games, just click to enlarge.