1. (5-1)The Cougars have been amazing this week by defeating then #6 Louisville in Las Vegas and then nearly upset #1 UNC in the same tournament. BYU has shown they can hang with the best teams in the country, and we will see if they can continue this success through March.
2.(4-1) UNLV was going to drop in the rankings after their 20 point loss to Louisville at home, but the Rebels then regrouped nicely by defeating WAC power Nevada at home
3.(6-0) The Lobos are undefeated and are blowing teams out and look to be a different team this year with new coach Steve Alford who looks to be bringing the Lobos back on track to compete for the conference.
4. (5-1) The Aztecs had a tough time against Cal this past week, but beside that they have been playing well besides that single loss.
5. (5-1)The Falcons have scheduled well early on to compensate for losing the amount of talent from last year. Their only loss came against Montana who all ready defeated Colorado State opening night.
6. (2-2) The Utes lost 2 games last week one to a good Washington team and then they get destroyed by an upper level West Coast Conference team in Santa Clara but the game being at home the Utes should have won. It seems that it will take more then a few games to change what happened last year.
7. (4-0) The Horned Frogs are trying to get as many wins as possible by playing teams in lower conferences and divisions. This may help their confidence with the cushy non conference schedule before conference play begins.
8. (3-2) This Rams team may not finish the season with a winning record, but at times this team can show flashes of being good. Just look at the Oregon State win and the Tennessee State game where one CSU player had 45 points.
9. (2-2) The Cowboys were 1-1 this week beating Lamar but then losing to a pretty good Wichita State team, but as for now this Wyoming team has been inconsistent.